We would like to inform that as of 20 March 2020, under the Regulation of the Minister of Health, the state of epidemic was introduced in Poland (until further notice).
The consequences of introducing said state include, among others:
- restriction of the possibility to travel outside the country;
- employee's obligation to inform the employer about quarantine – this information has to be provided by the employee to the employer through IT or communication systems, including telephone;
- the employee is obliged to submit to the employer a statement confirming that he or she has completed compulsory quarantine within 3 days from the date of the end of the quarantine, in order to receive remuneration for the time of incapacity to work or a financial benefit on account of a disease, specified in separate regulations - this statement may be submitted through IT or communication systems;
- restriction of the possibility to export or dispose, outside the country, of certain products such as safety goggles, masks, protective suits, protective gloves, etc;
- partial restriction of trade for shops above 2 000 sq m;
- prohibition on gatherings of more than 50 people, including the organiser and those acting on their behalf.
Should you have any questions, we remain at your disposal.
For queries about the consequences of the state of epidemic in Poland and other questions connected with the current situation, please contact attorney Mateusz Pergałowski (firstname.lastname@example.org).